What data I need
The personal data I collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact me
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to my email alerts
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
Why I need it
I use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use waysidehouse.co.uk. I do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on waysidehouse.co.uk
- how long you spend on each waysidehouse.co.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
I do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
I also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve my services, for example my email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send me, if you’ve asked me to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- provide you with information about other local services if you request it
What I do with your data
The data I collect may be shared with supplier organisations.
I will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
I will share your data if required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long I keep your data
I will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires me to
In general, this means that I will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children’s privacy protection
My services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. I do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
Your personal data may, throughout the course of its processing, be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is the case, all appropriate technical and legal safeguards will be put in place to ensure that you are afforded the same level of protection as within the EEA.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
I am committed to doing all that I can to keep your data secure. I have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data.
I also make sure that any third parties that I deal with keep all personal data they process on my behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
- If you have any of these requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.